domenica 2 dicembre 2012

Have you ever had to sit in lecture and observe what is going on, only to realize that the people up there talking to you have no idea what you know or any clue of how their talk has anything to do with what we are learning? I would say that, on average, two to three lectures per week fit in this category. Now I said before that I am ok with things being a little rocky since it is a new curriculum, yadda yadda yadda. But at some point you have just got to wonder whether they really have ANY clue what the fuck is going on. They’ve had six fucking years to get their act together, and I do not get the impression they really have it. The odd part is that the new curriculum cut out some lectures, etc., but for the most part just rearranged lectures that were already being given in a different order so we see pathology the first year. So then why the hell, after six years of planning, is this so complicated? Why do we have hours of our lives taken away by someone talking about esoteric research thing that is totally irrelevant to what we are supposed to be learning? Why do we not get a schedule for the following week sometimes? Is it because they don’t even know themselves what the hell we are doing the next week? It sure as shit seems that way. Why is the poor office worker up late at night Xeroxing for us, as the doctor so dramatically portrayed in his grand speech? Because he and the other people in charge of our education don’t have THEIR fucking act together in the first place, and any complaints they receive from us are in essence a reflection of their own failure to demonstrate that they can plan an eight week class with six years of notice. For my thousands of dollars, I do not expect perfection or anything even close to it, but I do expect a certain basic level of organization or structure.


I think it is important that if you go to the SAO [Student Affairs Office], you emphasize that you only represent those students who have signed your petition. I, for one, do NOT like Rachel, and I know that there are other students, who, like me, feel that the SAO is running smoother and is a more welcoming place without her there. In almost every interaction I ever had with her I felt that she was rude and unfriendly, and I feel that she does not do a good job of making us feel welcome in the SAO. I understand that she was overworked and always too busy - but that was never an excuse to be rude to students. For fear of angering those of you who do like her, we can't as easily march in to the Dean’s office to express our applause for what has happened - and so I only ask that you emphasize that you do NOT represent the entire student body when you speak with the Dean. Thank you.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento